Baby Tracker

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Thursday, May 5, 2016

My Baby Arsenal (so far)

As of today, if I make it to my actual due date, I have 106 more days to go.  That's just a tad over 3 months.  If I make it to my due date, great, but the planner in me is needing to be as prepared as possible in case I don't make it that long and to make sure I have all things I need by 2 months from now, which I will just put a little time stamp on myself to have all necessities by July 4th...just in case.  Considering my daughter was born 3 weeks earlier than my due date with her and my sonos keep measuring this little fella as bigger, I just get a distinct gut feeling that I'm not going to make it that long....so just in case....I gotta be prepared.  Especially since all the planning and preparing is a solo effort.

Since finding out I was pregnant (well, and let's face it...since before I found out, I had often thought of things if I were to ever have another baby), I have done a lot of research on things I will need and the route I wish to go with this little one.

I was super young when I had my daughter (had just turned 23) and wasn't exactly wise in my young age, so I winged a lot of it.  I didn't do a lot of research and I wasn't as prepared as I am this time around.  Although, are you ever truly "prepared"? - nah, but I feel like I now have a better sense of being prepared at 40 as opposed to at 22-23 year old. I have a much clearer idea in my head of my expectations and my wants with this little bebe.  I know expectations cause disappointments and not to sound like I expect things to go a certain way, which I don't necessarily, I just mean in planning how I "see" things going and being more prepared in a general sense of how I picture things will go with life with a newborn.

I've been following lots of sweet mamas and their babies on Instagram and have gotten some really good advice from so many of those posts.  I have saved tons of sites for lots of baby stuff.  Some of which I have already purchased, some of which I plan on purchasing and some of which I hope to some day purchase.

I've registered at Buy Buy Baby and Babies R' Us.  I hardly have any items with Babies R' Us, but have found most of the items I want through Buy Buy Baby.  Plus they have a much more natural and organic selection than any other baby places.  I initially went totally overboard with my registry as I went into it a little blindly and overzealous.  But with the help of my sister (who has a just now 6 months old) and things that I went out and decided to purchase on my own, I've narrowed it down quite a bit.

Being a hippie type mama, I definitely want to wear my baby as much as I can.  I never baby wore with my daughter (is that even the correct phrase?), but I plan on doing so much of it with this little bebe.  All the research I have done, it just seems like a great bonding experience as well as something of great convenience as well.  After all the research - there are sooooooo many slings, wraps, etc to choose from (I wish I had money to buy them ALL!), I have decided to go with the Solly Baby Wrap initially for the first few months after baby is born.  I've heard nothing but great reviews and figured it was the best way to go.  Once little bebe is about 4 or 5 months old, I plan on switching over to the Ergo Baby 360, which I have not purchased yet, but plan on it either just prior to baby being born or a couple of months after.  Since I don't plan on switching until a few months of baby's life, I have plenty of time to get one.



I've also started building up my little papushka's wardrobe little by little with super cute, unique baby clothes and organic if possible.  There are too many sites to list, but I am adamant on not having a bunch of Carter's, (et al) baby clothes.  Don't get me wrong, they have cute stuff, but they are too common and too bland.  And anyone that knows me, knows that I love anything different.  My registry has all organic clothing (although I didn't request much since I kind of want to keep my baby's wardrobe under my control since I am so picky).  Buy Buy Baby has tons of cute Burt's Bees baby stuff to choose from.

I plan on breast feeding, but being a working mom, even if it does work out, I will have to have bottles available for feedings.  I bought a Tommee Tippee Ultra bottle to start with.  These just came out and have really good reviews.  I tried to stick with bottles that will be closest to mimicking the nipple. I have also purchased a mimijumi bottle to try out.  It may be my only one as they are super pricey, but I've read reviews and they are supposed to be as close to mom's nipple as you can possibly get.  I have an Ergobaby Natural Curve nursing pillow on my registry as well that I plan on using religiously.  I've already purchased washable nursing pads, cooling booby tubes and organic nipple butter for necessities.

Pacifiers : I've purchased 2 of the Natursutten pacifiers to start with.  You have to replace them every 6 weeks or so, so I will probably be getting more once baby is here and is using them regularly.

Swaddling.  When my daughter was born, swaddling wasn't really much of a "thing" like it is now.  I bought an Ollie Swaddle the other day and can't wait to use it.  I've also registered for several muslin blankets and have a few already, but I really think this Ollie Swaddle will be a lifesaver at night. :)


I've decided to go with The Honest Co. diapers.  I may end up using a different brand just for overnight protection, but Honest has the best reviews for organic diapers.  Once the baby is a little older and his poop becomes a little more "formed" (shall I say), I am going to try to transition to cloth diapers.

After a lot of research, I decided to go with the Safety 1st OnBoard 35 Air infant car seat for starters.  I hope this one works out.  I wanted to go with the UppaBaby, but they are just a little out of my price range right now, so I wanted something a little more budget friendly.

I'm foregoing getting a crib until later on.  My daughter slept in bed with me and I plan on doing the same thing with this little bebe.  Since it's just me, it will be much more convenient and easier especially if I will be breastfeeding.  I purchased a co-sleeper the other day.  I think it will work just fine.

I also purchased a dresser that a woman refurbished chabby-chic style that has a top to use as a diaper changing station.  It's super cute.  I looked at traditional diaper changing stations, but knew I wanted something unique.

That's the majority of everything I have up until now minus a few things here and there that I can't think of off the top of my head.  I plan on having a baby shower around mid-late June and anything I don't get after that, I need to run out and get before my self-made deadline. :)

I'm going to try and start adding links to the right of the page for my favorite baby sites in case anyone is interested.

I have my next doctor and sono apt in 3 weeks or so - I will be into my 3rd trimester by then!

Love and poopy diapers!

No comments:

Post a Comment