Baby Tracker

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Thursday, October 20, 2016

4th Trimester

Wow, what a whirlwind!

Welp, all of that worrying about baby coming early and I made it 4 days shy of my due date.  My doctor scheduled an induction on 8/15/16 and sweet baby August Finn was born at 4:35pm that day.  I am going to write a separate post detailing my labor/birth experience. (before I start to forget certain aspects of it)

I have also created a new blog for all things August Finn to continue documenting things about him.  Visit August Finn for those updates.

Little bebe is now 2 months old (+ 5 days, but who's counting).  He weighs over 12 lbs and is super long at 24"!  He's healthy and beautiful and I couldn't be more happy and in love with my baby boy.

The past 2 months have been a mixture of every emotion under the sun to say the least.  Taking care of a newborn 24/7 by yourself is quite a challenge if I do say so myself.  There were a lot of tears, a lot of smiles, a lot of sleepless nights, a lot of tempers flaring.

The first month was the most stressful for me.  I had a little help from family, but for the most part, I was flying solo.  I almost lost it on several occasions, but both of us managed to survive the first month of life.

I only breastfed for 5 weeks.  I made it longer than I did with my first and made it past the most important part, but I still miss it and part of me feels guilty (even though I know I shouldn't and have been assured by everyone and his doctor too).  It was entirely too stressful for both of us.  Bebe would try and nurse for sometimes 4 hours at a time.  I don't know if it was a mixture of me not getting him full enough or him just feeling more comforted being on my breast.  Either way, it just didn't work out.  I tried pumping for about a week and it continued to be too stressful/too much, so we went formula exclusive several weeks ago.  The transition has gone fine.  He's gaining weight and happy, so I am comfortable in my decision.

His dad has seen him 4 times now - 2 hour visits with his family each time.  They've gone well, but I am unsure what the future holds.  For now, my only concern is my precious baby boy and taking care of him and I.  I hope that some day his father will be a bigger/more contributing part of his life, but for now, I am content with knowing that August Finn is safe and happy with me.

So we are finding our new normal and things are starting to smooth out.  I started back to work full time this week, so it's another adjustment for the both of us.  I miss my little monkey like crazy, but also feels good to get back to work and back to another routine.

So I will conclude this and post my labor story which will be my last post in this particular blog.  I will continue to post in Sleeps with Butterflies and now in August Finn so check back there for new posts.

Thanks for following my pregnancy journey.  It was a wild ride and at times wasn't sure if I was going to make it through, but we did and both baby and Mama are happy and healthy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment